Friday, September 7, 2007

Wandering mind

God's grace is sufficient for me.

He's teaching me discipline right now. Hard work. Good, though.

I'm increasingly disenchanted with physics. (I think I go through this stage every year.) The honest truth is that I like reading books and writing papers more than I enjoy doing hours and hours of physics. The funny part is that I wouldn't trade them. I am so glad to be a physics major, even though I'm pretty sure I don't really want to do physics for the rest of my life. (Then again, it may be where God calls me, and if so, that's enough. See also: my involvement with one particular ministry opportunity this summer. One of those cases where God completely overruled my decision not be involved. Yet such a blessing, such an opportunity!)

I love Rich Mullins' music. It stirs the soul.

I'm praying for God to move in Paradigm, in Ignite, in the rest of the ministries around the OU BSU - and through the other ministries on our campus. I'm praying for brokenness among God's people, and a desperate hunger to see Him move. Revival can come - but it will come when His people are calling out for it, if His moves in history are anything to judge by. I'm excited to see how He moves this year - whatever that looks like.

I'm focusing a lot on prayer this year. It's the focus of my discipleship meetings. It's my small group focus. God is teaching me a lot. How great an honor we have, to be able to come directly (boldly!) before the throne of God, to enter into His presence: because we have a perfect mediator: Jesus Christ.

As John Piper has written, God is more glorified in us when we are most delighted in Him. I'm slowly learning what that means. What does it mean to be thoroughly delighted in Christ in the sometimes dull monotonous passage of every day life? To pursue Him - to love Him with all of our hearts, all of our souls, all of our strength, all of our minds? To love our neighbors as ourselves?

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil!
Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad
V'ahav'ta eit Adonai Elohekha
b'khol l'vav'kha
uv'khol naf'sh'kha
uv'khol m'odekha.

Hear, O Israel.
The Lord our God, the Lord is One.
Love the Lord your God with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your might.
(Deuteronomy 6:4-9)

Bind these words on your heart... think on them and repeat them wherever you go. Meditate on the nature of God. Come to know Him as He really is. Rest in His grace, His peace, His perfect, strong, loving arms.

- Chris

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I've missed reading your posts these weeks I've been packing, moving, and very slowly unpacking :)

    I'll get caught up. I love reading how God works in and through you!

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.