Friday, July 11, 2008

Yearning

The sky is different here. Strange, I know, but it's true. A lot of people I know think it's larger here, more expansive. It doesn't feel that way to me. It feels smaller, less grand. It's odd. There are no mountains, and mountains change the sky in ways impossible to describe: possible only to be seen. I do not claim to understand that. I simply know it to be. My heart yearns for the heights, for the striking grandeur of peaks tilting heavenward, for the thousand-foot falling water of snowmelt in July, for the thinness of air where trees no longer grow.

My heart yearns for heaven, and thinks it tastes it in the mountains. Yet Heaven shall infinitely greater be.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.