Thursday, September 28, 2006

Clarification needed?

I think perhaps I overstated my case in last night's post. I've had noted to me several times now that most people have heard only the view I presented as correct. I'm - obviously! - very glad to hear that. I'm not sure what it is that has made me be in the position to hear that verse misinterpreted so many times, but clearly that's not the norm. Indeed, it was a fallacious assumption on my part to think that the Scripture would be so widely misunderstood - and presumptious to think that I'd be the only to notice. For that, I apologize - Scripture is generally well-taught, and God is more than capable of protecting His word. To borrow a colloquialism: "my bad." It's not that what I said was invalid in any sense, but rather that my attitude was not what it ought to be.

In retrospect, that's hardly a surprise. Last night was not a good night, and I don't even really know why, other than simply a combination of fatigue - I have a lot of that at the moment - and a good deal of spiritual attack against my emotions and control over my reactions. Recognizing it as such helps a good deal. And as always, I'm remembering to keep my attention on Him, because even in the midst of all of this, knowing Him is the definition of peace.

God bless, and peace be with all of you.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.