Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's been a while

I'm still here, still alive, and still posting. Hopefully I'll be able to do some good blogging this weekend.

In short, the last weeks have been good, and filled with pictures of God's grace, His strength, and His majesty. I honestly couldn't pick out a specific moment to exemplify any of those at the moment, but I know that I can see them. It has also been a time of conviction. The Spirit has been gracious enough to open my eyes to places where I still fall so short - and to catch me when I start to slip back into old, familiar patterns of sin that have been broken but which remain so close at hand. His faithfulness is beyond compare.

I am reminded of Psalm 119:50: "This is my comfort in my affliction, / for Your word has given me life." This is the truth. The days when I have not spent time in the Scriptures - for tiredness, busyness, what have you - have been days that have been wearying, and without any strength. The days when I have spent time, but not dedicated myself to the Word have been better, but still missing the full power of God. The days when I have spent deep, concentrated time meditating on His truth, praying, considering, memorizing... those days, no matter how hard, have been full of the riches of His grace.

Our strength can never suffice. We must, before we begin any venture, come to Him, prostrate and abject - convinced utterly of our own ability to contribute anything at all; for indeed even the strengths we possess were given us by Him in the first place, and only He can use them fully.

There is much more I would write, but I haven't the time at the moment. Grace and peace be with you; and may the glory of God shine upon you this day, filling your life as it will one day fill the new Jerusalem!

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.