Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two brief thoughts

Two rather unrelated thoughts.

First, I like fiction, especially the truly good kind which is simultaneously well-written and has a theme and idea that point back to Christ. Dostoevsky was the master of this. For modern work, Stephen Lawhead isn't a bad bet (I'm working on some of his stuff now, and it's very, very good in both regards).

Second, I hate seeing friends hurt and being able to do nothing for them. I'm glad, then, that I can do something for them: I can pray. That we so often take as a small or trivial thing. It is not. In His sovereign wisdom, God has ordained that our prayers impact eternity itself. That is a very large thing indeed: and it is a great responsibility that we are given, to pray. I dare not take it too lightly. Truth be told, I sometimes wish I could wish away my friends' pain, but this I know for truth: God truly is in control, working all things for good.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.