Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Godly woman

So you may have noticed that I didn't post at all on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, breaking a rather long streak of having posted every day.

This is because my girlfriend, Jaimie, was in town visiting, and I simply spent a sufficiently high volume of time with her as to have no non-sleep time available for blogging. (We had not seen each other in three weeks... which felt more like three years.)

We had a great time, of course, and continued to grow in our friendship and our relationship. Hearing her heart is always a blessing to me - she loves God so deeply, and so very differently from how I do.

I've pondered before that women relate to God rather differently than men do, and this is more apparent to me all the time. Exactly what that difference is, I'm unable to say at this point (thoughts from people older, more experienced, and wiser than I would be thoroughly welcomed in the comments section!). I simply know that I am learning to see God differently by seeing glimpses of Him through her eyes as well as my own - and that challenges me, stretches me, causes me to go back to the Word and look at things as she looks at them: and then to grow in my knowledge of Christ, in my walk with Him. That, above all else, is why I love her: she loves Jesus Christ deeply and passionately, and is committed to following Him far more than she is to anything else in this world. And that is beautiful indeed.

Over these next few days, I'm going to try to post some less "my life" posts and begin really working on writing here: growing and learning as a writer, attempting say more than "This is what happened to me and here's what I thought about it."

And for now, I'm going to go play a videogame for a little bit.

May the inestimable and glorious grace of our Almighty God, the Father of all, fill you and control you this day. Be blessed!

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.