Thursday, October 25, 2007

How could it be?

I am a person of dark heart, depraved mind, and stubborn will. I have, for a time now, been rebellious and unfaithful. Not in big ways. But in lots of little ones. God is dealing with me. I'm thankful for that.

It throws His holiness into sharp relief, when we see our own unrighteousness. His glory contrasted with the darkened surface of the mirrors we are made to be but have so sinfully dimmed... His glory revealed in the sanctifying work of cleaning those mirrors to show Him as He truly is. His incomparable mercy and the riches of His perfect love in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for the ungodly. For you. For me. Even me when I'm like I have been: recalcitrant and wanting my own will, though I know that His is best. What a God we serve.

- Chris

1 comment:

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.