Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ambulations

Curious, the turns this life takes. Never expected, but rarely in ways that completely surprise us, either. I've no idea what this semester holds, and if I did, any such idea would indubitably be thoroughly dissimilar to the ultimate outcome of the months ahead. This I know: God is supreme, and will do better than I could imagine.

---

Sometimes I feel like life is one great rondo: A B A C A D A E A F... only sometimes the A section changes just enough to throw you for a loop and leave you completely surprised (A' and A'' for any music theorists out there). And you never know what it's going to come out as. For all you know it could be A B A B A C A' B A D A'' C A' E A F... But there's so much repetition of the same themes, ideas, memes if you will. And sometimes the change is as simple as a different soloist on the refrain.

---

Years make a difference. More than we realize, sometimes; or perhaps we simply forget. But in the days that pass, as they slowly sum up to the full turning of the earth about the sun, we change: we grow, we alter, we think thoughts we have never thought before. We know God and we know each other and we know ourselves more than we did before.

---

I'm like a golden retriever in loyalty: but hopefully more intelligent.

---

I got a speeding ticket last weekend. Story for another time. God taught me something about integrity. Not that the ticket itself is that big of a deal or that important, in the grand scheme of things. But we are to honor Him by honoring the laws of the authorities He has placed over us - even when we think them foolish. Our thoughts are less than germane. Our obedience, on the other hand, is very relevant.

---

I'm tired. I think I shall sleep now. Soon, school will begin, and things will then be different: eindeed, even more different than I know, I am certain.

---

Peace be with you.
- Chris

2 comments:

  1. The music references (A, A', A") leave some of us, even though somewhat familiar with music completely clueless as to what you are talking about.

    Years do make a difference. Time can alter one's perspectives.

    I'll vouch for you that you're more intelligent than our golden retriever - but only by a little - he's pretty smart.
    I love the quote by the way!

    You got a speeding ticket? What am I going to do with you? Didn't you learn anything I taught you?

    Of course, I'm just kidding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I want you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog. It is very inspiring and you communicate well. I believe that the reader is really able to grasp what your point is. You should write a book. *nods*

    Lauren~

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.