Monday, July 24, 2006

Things get worse, and better.

You know, it's funny... I've been ready to do another update for a couple days, explain where God has brought me to. Maybe I'll do that tonight, though I have some calls I'll be making - so maybe not. But it's funny because I thought the worst of the situation had passed. It hadn't. It's gotten worse. The situation has deteriorated even farther. There's a difference, though - I'm in a different place; my heart has a different place in the midst of this. I'm not going to underplay the difficulty of this, but I also refuse to underplay what God has said and what He's going to do. Period. He's told me to forgive. I am, and I will. He's told me to "love those who persecute you." So I will. It's that simple. Not that easy, but that simple. And He doesn't let us suffer things that are too great for us, but He always gives us the strength to bear them (that's the official Chris Krycho paraphrase of 1 Cor. 10:13, if anyone was wondering). So I'm able to do this. Honestly, at this point, my reaction is more concern for the one friend and anger at the other for putting her in this situation, one that she's not yet prepared to handle. As much as I'm hurt, I'm far more concerned. I will continue to pray for both of them. Thank you all for praying for me and supporting me - I have needed it. Know this: in the midst of everything, God is. And really... that's all that matters. It's not that my pain or the situation are insignificant. But He's bigger.

His peace be with you all. God bless.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.