Tuesday, January 16, 2007

God's faithfulness

I haven't a lot to write tonight. I have only this: God is faithful. He is, and He is a rewarder of those who seek Him! I'm so blessed at how He works in our lives, at how faithful He is to restore where our sin has destroyed and brought death, because of His great love and grace for us. Where I had not even know how He could heal, He did. It does not mean that there is not still work to be done and obedience to be fulfilled. To the contrary, after what He did tonight, there is more for all of those involved to be seeking Him in, but He is healing and restoring and redeeming. That's who He is! Thanks be to God who is faithful and mighty and awesome to save. And thanks to my friends who have been obedient to the Father and the promptings of His Spirit to bring me the word of truth when I needed to hear it for conviction. I know that He is doing mighty things in all of us.

May you be blessed as you think on who God is and on how mighty He is to save.

- Chris

2 comments:

  1. Amen!

    I've been thinking of you lately...

    I've been thinking about my own desires to understand physics and the connections there to God. But I have to settle for reading Scientific American. I haven't the aptitude for math to do more.

    I have been trying to write a post about it, but I just keep setting it aside and writing something else to post.

    I like the previous post quite a bit. The wrestling with sin...

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and leaving the comment.

    I have been reading Reasons to Believe for some time. I like his approach and have read two of his books as well.

    I would love to read more physics, but not sure when I would finnd the time.

    As for Moon Howlin'... I would strongly recommend it. Men tend to pride very easily. These guys keep me focussed on who and what I really am.

    In fact, we spoke quite a bit last night, and pride and self-centeredness was a big part of the conversation. One of us, who is perhaps the most spiritual among us, says he struggles with it a great deal.

    To help me out he has agreed to address his emails to me as "SH" which is short for "Sh@thE@d". Just to help me stay humble.

    It is good to have such friends.

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.