Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Marriage blog reading, classes, and songs

This is going to be a short post. First off, please go read Michael Medved's blog post from today (by the time most of you read this, yesterday) regarding the big hubbub in the New York Times and most of the other news media about how for the first time, more American women are living alone than not... of course, it's highly fallacious, just as the last similar report was, back in October. The anti-marriage voices are loud and shrill - and also wrong. *sigh*

In terms of my own life, this is going to be a challenging semester. I'm going to have to be extremely disciplined, because keeping my grades up while working 15-20 hours a week with the classes I'm taking is going to be a not insignificant challenge. I'm up for it, and I know that God will have all the grace and wisdom I need, but it will certainly be a challenge. I've no idea what this semester entails in other areas of my life, but I'm certain it will be both challenging and encouraging spiritually. With everything that God accomplished in my life last semester, I'm terribly excited to see what this semester will bring. I know that He has a greater fullness for me, as well as a greater awareness of my own inability and my own sinfulness - and with them, an increased understanding of His transcendence, power, and redeeming work in my life. I know He's going to establish His testimony through my life, and His glory will be revealed. Thus, whatever happens, I am learning to be content. His grace is sufficient.

Songwriting is proceeding apace. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be setting this song in E flat minor/D sharp minor (but the feel of it really is in E flat minor, which is interesting since that has some really strange chords in it... like C flat major). I think I'm going to do three different arrangements of it, as well - one for vocal and guitar, one for vocal and piano, and one for vocals and a small "band." I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with composition lessons, though that'll also be a good deal of work. Work is a very good thing!

And now, I'm going to go back to studying for my Physical Mechanics I class. I've plenty to do already, and it's only two days in! Bring on the rain, I say - full aware of all that means for my life. God will be glorified, so let it fall!

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.