Friday, April 13, 2007

Face-Off: Pair Debates Homosexuality


Here's an article you all might enjoy reading. I was honored to be able to participate in this, and blessed at how God used me. Certainly I can't take credit for the conversation going so well; God definitely orchestrated it.

Interesting point... she called me a Baptist. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ who's involved in a Baptist church and ministry, but one trend I've noticed in my generation of believers (myself included) is a distinct lack of denominationalism and a much greater interest in the solid teaching of Scripture and an emphasis on God-centered worship. If those conditions are met, the denomination is far less important. That's not to say, of course, that some denominations don't have tendencies to fulfill those requirements better or worse than others, but that denomination is less important than the fulfillment of the requirements for a Biblical church.

Anyways, bed time for me. Big day tomorrow - R.A. interview, work, class, and much else. God bless!

- Chris

5 comments:

  1. Chris - this is awesome! Yes, we give God the credit, but, without trying to sound too much like a Mom ;) I'm really proud of you!

    Thank You, God, for raising up young men like Chris who are Your hands and feet and voice to a would longing and craving for Real Love which they will only find if they have opportunity to experience it. I love You, God, Ame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this is an awesome testimony of how the Lord wants to use you in His ways where He has planted you. This young man was "confronted" with the truth without it being confrontational. :D The Lord knows his heart and we will pray for those seeds that were planted to take root.

    Love you,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. What a great way show that it is possible to speak truth in love. When I read your post, it reminded me of a protest our school faced last fall semester. This wasn't a violent protest but it was enough to get the school's attention. My school somewhat needs to relearn this. I mean, the school did okay with dealing with homosexuality but it raised a lot of serious stuff. My school paper wrote about that. Here's the actual article on this if interested:

    http://clause.apu.edu/content/2006/10_13/news/studentsprotest.html

    For people's opinion on this go to these:

    http://clause.apu.edu/content/2006/10_27/opinion/letterstotheditor.html

    http://clause.apu.edu/content/2006/10_27/opinion/doorignites.html

    http://clause.apu.edu/content/2006/11_03/opinion/letterstotheditor.html

    I just thought this was interesting. Hope this wasn't too many link ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. Good form.
    It sounds like a lot of what you discussed was about the anger of man not producing the righteousness of God. It is indeed very unfortunate that we of the church are so quick to express our indignant anger towards those whom we perceive to be "less" because of their sin. Whereas we need to be mindful that we need to remove the log from our own eyes before attempting to remove the splinter from the eyes of another.
    The last time I checked the equation looked like this: (sin = sin)
    but in the crookedness of our hearts we tend to view it more like: (your sin > my sin) or written the other way (my sin < your sin).
    Whereas the truth is that we all sin and fall short of the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work man. Truth in love.

    Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.