Wednesday, April 25, 2007

God

I don't understand You right now, God. I don't understand why you've had me walk this path, nor why You've taken me once again to this place.

But - and here's what amazes me - it's okay. You are God. You are amazing, beyond compare, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the God of all the universe, beyond our comprehension. You made the world with a word, You created the vastness and the splendor of this universe with a breath. You set the worlds in motion; You started the stars on their long dance; You spun the quarks in their steps. You who are greatest became least; You accomplished the most magnificent act in the most horrific manner; You rewrote history and remade humanity.

You are GOD! I cannot proclaim loudly enough, not if I could amplify my voice a billion times, how great and how awesome You are. I cannot speak long enough of Your awesome deeds. No symphony I could compose could even hint at Your splendor.

So though a tear runs down my cheek, I will rejoice! How can there be joy? the human heart asks, when instead it ought to cry out, How can there be anything but joy? I will sing praises to the Lord, to my God and King, to Him who sits enthroned in the Heavens forever and ever! Praise be to God - the perfect Father whose love is greater than the sweep of the sky; the Son who became the Sacrifice, a perfectly spotless Lamb; the Spirit who is a Comforter like no other, a Counselor beyond compare. Holy God, I worship You!

Fall on your knees before the God of all, the Lord of everything and everyone, the King who sits enthroned forever and ever. Amen.

- Chris

4 comments:

  1. i understand. you're doing well, Chris. keep it up. often, i would live through each minute and hour and day and all i could say was, "I trust You, God ... I trust You, God ... I trust You, God ... I trust You, God ......."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying. I know His leading for those things you long for will be perfect in His time. It's just hard to wait and continually let go.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's plan is perfect. Jer. 29:11
    It is hard, if not impossible, to understand when we are so imperfect, and so NOT privy to His plan. How many times I've uttered, "If I could only see and understand what You are doing God, then I could handle it." Of course, He still knows better and that I still probably wouldn't be able to deal with anything any better anyway.
    Like Ame said, "You're doing well, keep it up."

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.