Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sometimes the night was beautiful...

Sometimes by Step - Rich Mullins

Sometimes the night was beautiful
Sometimes the sky was so far away
Sometimes it seemed to stoop so close
You could touch it but your heart would break
Sometimes the morning came too soon
Sometimes the day could be so hot
There was so much work left to do
But so much You'd already done

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Sometimes I think of Abraham
How one star he saw had been lit for me
He was a stranger in this land
And I am that, no less than he
And on this road to righteousness
Sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps
But never beyond Your reach

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
(Sometimes the night was beautiful)
And I will follow You all of my days
(Sometimes the night . . .)
(Sometimes the night was beautiful)
And I will follow You all of my days
(. . . Was beautiful)
(Sometimes the night was beautiful)
And I will follow You all of my days
(So beautiful)
And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
(Oh God, you are my God)
And I will follow You all of my days
(Oh God, you are my God)
And I will follow You all of my days
And I will follow You all of my days
(Sometimes the night was beautiful)
And I will follow You all of my days
(Sometimes the night . . .)
And I will follow You all of my days


The night is beautiful. And no matter what, every star in the sky as we look up, gaze at its beauty and majesty - the glory of God revealed in a microcosm that is to us a macrocosm - every tiny white pinprick is a reminder of God's promises and His power to fulfill them. He always does.

He always does.

God bless you all, and good night.

- Chris

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely song. God is so magnificant and rather incredible. You know a lot of worship songs. That's cool. Hope to "see you around" in cyberspace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song ... my girls and I sing the chorus a lot ... how very poignant for me to read this morning ... thanks, Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't listened to that song in quite some time. Rich had an awesome ability to capture the essence of what God has created for us. He has a far greater view now.

    As for songbird's comment, maybe if the Lord leads you sometime, you might share on your blog about how God has gifted you musically; both in your appreciation for a wide range of music and your ability to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lyrics! I have never heard that song before, but with lyrics like those which are so meaningful I hope to hear the instrumental part as well some time.

    Thanks for the comment you left. I did kind of disappear for awhile, didn't I? lol, but now I'm back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "As for songbird's comment, maybe if the Lord leads you sometime, you might share on your blog about how God has gifted you musically; both in your appreciation for a wide range of music and your ability to play."

    i'd love to hear/read that!

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.