Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Out of the whirlwind...

God's answer to our hearts' questions is always timely, and always amazing. Even when it doesn't seem timely to us (e.g., to Job, who waited for what appears to be many months before he heard God answer his questions), it is, and it is exactly what is needed at that moment.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement after my last post. I was perhaps not clear: I am not walking in fear, but in exactly the trust you all pointed me to. God is in control. I refuse, as I note, to speculate, or even spend any time thinking, about possible difficult times; my eyes are on His cross and on what He is doing in my life - both of which are amazing and miraculous.

But in confirmation of what I'd been praying about regarding trusting Him - in confirmation of all you wrote to me in the last day - God opened His word to me last night. I almost just closed my Bible after my time of study in Job (and how refreshing that was: to see God's character as I moved through Job 38 and 39: it's very much a blessing!) - but the Spirit prompted me to read a Psalm as I often do. So I turned to the next Psalm in sequence for me, Psalm 27. The first words:

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

The rest of the chapter is excellent, worth reading: because it points us to Him, makes clear that David's trust in God existed because He knew who God was - and knew Him well.. Our ability to trust Him is directly related to our knowledge of Him. Indeed, if we know Him, if we really and truly understand His character, there will be no question of our trusting Him: because He is absolutely worthy of our trust, like no other person is. He never fails; He never leaves or forsakes us; He never leaves us to ourselves. He is intimately concerned with every detail of our lives. He loves us.

God bless you all. May you experience His power and His calling in your life - in great power.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.