Monday, October 9, 2006

Another movie

I've (obviously) not yet seen this movie, but a company called gener8tion entertainment is putting out a film based on the Biblical story of Esther. From what I can see of the trailer, it looks like it should be pretty good. This is the first film being distributed by Fox's new Foxfaith component, a group whose development I've been following over the last several months - basically, they looked at the market and said, "Hey, there's a huge group of Christians out there wanting good movies. Let's find some and deliver them to the market." Honestly, I don't care what their motivation is - profit is just fine, in my opinion - so long as their agenda is just the delivery of good movies. Interviews with them have suggested as much (I'll try to find the one in particular that I read last week regarding it sometime this evening after classes). This is no small-scale production by any means, though: the cast includes some very big names, including Peter O'Toole, John Rhys-Davies, John Noble, and Omar Sharif, to name the ones that stood out to me the most in the cast list. I'll probably be going to see it sometime early next week, and reviewing it at that point, but I wanted to give everyone the heads' up and ask you to prayerfully consider going to see it.

Grace and peace be with you this day.

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.