Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Interesting discussion

Tim Challies has once again stirred up a hornets' nest (as usual, in a good way!) by posting the first of what he promises will be a series on "Why I Do Not Homeschool," regarding his overall beliefs and ideology as pertain to the school system. Unsurprisingly, this has already sparked some heated discussion on his own blog, as well as elsewhere online, about the topic of homeschooling. I've been participating in the ongoing discussion over at The Line, and now Ted Slater has started a series on why he will homeschool over there. It's all well worth reading, especially if you haven't fully though through this for your own future. Even if it's a ways out, it's not too soon to start thinking and praying about what God will have you do.

I may at some point post my own thoughts on the subject... but they're complicated and I'll need some time to sort them out first, I think. And these conversations may just change my mind, who knows? In the meantime, enjoy the reading.

God bless you all!

- Chris

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.