Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Joy

I think I need to clarify. Apparently that last post came out sounding a bit depressed. If so, it's for good reason; I've been dealing with seriously depressing things. But I need to make it very very clear that though the road is hard and sometimes dark, I do have a great deal of joy in the midst of all of this. I am not focusing on my pain because I think it is that important in the overall scheme of things, but simply because I see ways in which my testimony of God's faithfulness can be (and, I know from experience, is) an encouragement to others. If I have been remiss and emphasized my pain over His faithfulness, then I apologize; it has certainly not been my intent. Rather, my intent - always - is and has been to point to the glory of the One who is taking me through this. I do not understand all His purposes; these have been incredibly difficult months. Yet I have a great deal of joy in the midst of these circumstances, and peace uncommunicable.

Just thought I should clear that up. As I have noted before, His grace is more than enough. May His blessings fill your life - and above all, the blessing of knowing Him deeply and richly!

EDIT: My computer is working. Turned out to be the video card, which is good. I can replace it for probably less than $50. Which is good! Praise God for His faithfulness in that, as in all things!

- Chris

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to be worried about you!
    My computer went kaput last month. My husband bought a new laptop to replace it and I like it, so I think I might buy a new one after Christmas. We have been looking at used floor models at Wal-Mart. Sometimes you can get display models around $300 or $400. Unless you need something super fast, these work well for word processing and internet.
    Anyway.....your in my prayers

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.