Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I don't really know...

I'm not really sure what I have to say tonight; and I'm going to try to keep this short since I have to be up early tomorrow. There are a couple things that have been bouncing around my heart and mind, but mostly I'm just tired. First, a song, by Aaron Shust, who really has a heart to glorify God immensely. Go check out the rest of his music!

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, My God he is
My God he's always gonna be

I pray we all come to understand the depth of those words. Our God does love and live, and He is always there; He is eternal and unchanging. That's a sure rock we can cling to, when we're weary and worn, when the waves come crashing in against us and we don't know what to do. I've been blessed to have relatively few waves this semester - indeed to see God restoring things I didn't know if I'd ever see come right this side of eternity; to see Him changing my heart in ways I could never have foreseen; to see Him fulfilling promises I didn't expect to see fulfilled for far longer. I am blessed beyond belief, beyond any curse that could ever be. And that is more than enough. Yes, there are trying moments - but He is teaching me to smile and even laugh in the midst of them, because it is His moment, not mine, whether it be good or ill. To be able to laugh when one's heart is breaking, because one has that joy inexpressible... that is a blessing beyond measure; and it comes from Christ alone. I'm not very good at that, yet, but I'm learning. I love you all. Grace and peace guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Oh... and please go read Romans 10:13-15 and Philippians 1:27-2:11. And then be encouraged! I could write a lot about both, but instead I'm going to sleep!

- Chris

7 comments:

  1. Great song! Haven't been able to stop singing it and I'm loving playing it on guitar as often as I can. I pretty much have the chords memorized.

    I am almost laughing and almost crying after reading your post tonight. I came here after writing my post. Read it and I think you'll understand.

    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the song

    your family amazes me ... i pray for this same kind of relationship as my daughters "grow up." we are so close now; i hope that continues. your openess with each other is beautiful. i learned early in my life that the less my parents/family knew, the better/safer i was. watching the way the three of you live life together so warms my heart and gives me a beautiful picture of what i'm desiring as i raise my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just posting that once, here, b/c i know all three of you will be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - and do you mind if i introduce all three of you together as a family in a post on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful song and prayer. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful song and prayer. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kathleen Marie! And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.