Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rest

Today has been good. I'm doing something I haven't done in a long time: rest. I'm doing no work today. That's right. None. It's been six weeks since I've taken a day off. I will work again tomorrow, but today, I'm resting. I have needed this - immensely. It has been a good day. I went to the park with Travis and David and Anthony, and we flew a kite (before it broke), launched a small glider (before it broke), threw a frisbee around (that didn't break, gladly), and variously played on swingsets, climbed trees, and even enjoyed a playground. It was amazingly wonderful to simply relax and enjoy ourselves and have a good time. It's something I don't do frequently enough. The whole day has been filled with friendship, laughter, and fellowship. We need these times. I'm increasingly concluding that we should take them even - and perhaps especially - when we don't feel like we have time for them.

In other news, the wind is blowing so fiercely that up in here in twelfth floor dorm room, the window is literally vibrating back and forth with the pressure changes. The reflections in it are shaking and moving rather wildly. Strong winds indeed.

Now, lest this itself become too much like work, I'm going to say good night and God bless to all of you.

- Chris

2 comments:

  1. gosh ... too bad we don't live close ... you could have taken my girls with you ... they would have had a LOT of fun!!! oh, yeah, then you might not have rested so well ;)

    it's hard to remember to rest and have fun. i think God knew that, so He shares how often they stop and celebrate ... i need to learn from that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you had a blast. everyone needs time to rest or celebrate life. I'm usually laidback a lot of the time. Speaking of celebration, I just read a chapter on Celebration in "celebration of Discipline". It's great chapter but I would recommend reading the other previous chapters to further the understanding of celebration. Dr. Foster is a great christian thinker

    ReplyDelete

Got some thoughts? Fire away. Please be polite, thoughtful, and kind! Please provide your name and, if applicable, website. Anonymous comments, along with all forms of spam, trolling, and personal attacks, will be deleted.